126 Acres of Opportunity!
Our dedication to the success and growth of our student-athletes and coaches is evident in our carefully planned facilities, which feature the Health & Wellness Center, Jordan Center, Carey Stadium and our sprawling outdoor complex, the Field House and Annex, Griswold Gym, Small Gym, and the Edwin Lavino Pool.
- Griswold Gym
- Small Gym
- Jordan Center
- Edwin Lavino Pool
- Field House
- The Annex
- Wrestling Room, Middle School
- Wrestling Room, Upper School
- Wellness Room
- Multipurpose Room
Home to the Patriots' varsity basketball teams and girls' volleyball teams, the Big Gym is located on the far corner of the GA campus and has several entrance points. It can host a full-court basketball game or a full-court volleyball match with a total square footage of 8,915. When pulled out, bleachers can seat approximately 420. The standing room only capacity for the space is 1,626. When used as event space, the Big Gym can hold tables and chairs for a sit-down meal for 524 people. Concession stand space is located right outside of the Big Gym entrance and the restrooms are located below the gym floor. There is no formal ticket booth, but there is an area outside of the main entrance to the Big Gym where a ticket table could be erected as well as a place to sell snacks and drinks.
Big Gym - 8,915 sq. ft.
- Basketball court - 94x50'
- Volleyball court - 60x30'
- Bleacher seating - 420
- Standing capacity - 1626
The Jordan Center provides over 7,000 square feet of weight training and cardio fitness space located on the Connor Quad level of the Health & Wellness Center.
The Jordan Center includes stationary bikes, Matrix treadmills, rowing machines, elliptical trainers, an Assault Runner Elite treadmill, and a Matrix Climbmill. There are 40 sets of free weights, kettlebells, barbells, medicine balls, and yoga balls, as well as chest press, seated row, shoulder press, pec/delt fly, leg curl, leg extension, abdominal and back, glute trainer, and lat pull-down machines. In the middle of the Jordan Center are four multi-station racks, in addition to the benches, adjustable pulleys, leg press machines, and a Smith Machine.
Germantown Academy's natatorium is home to the school's revered swimming and water polo programs. It also the home pool for the Germantown Academy Aquatic Club. It is located below the Griswold Gym and sits across from the Field House.
The GA swimming pool is a heated, six-lane, 25-meter indoor pool. Starting blocks line the deep end that includes a rope swing and two different height diving boards. The pool also has an electronic timing system and a learn-to-swim platform. Male and female changing rooms are available. There is spectator seating for about 150 in the gallery area above the pool deck. Restrooms can be accessed on the pool deck floor.
Germantown Academy Pool
- 6 Lanes
- Rectangle, 75 x 45'
- 21-meter Diving Board (12 feet water)
- Turn Ends, 4'
- Fitness Room and Equipment
- 5 Pull-up Bars
- Plyometric Blocks
- 9 Vasa Incline Boards
- 9 Spin Bikes
- 4 East German Incline Boards
- 3 Stepping Machines
- 4 Erg Machines
- Recompense Bike
Located between the Pool and the Lower School, the Field House is a 15,000 square foot facility that supports GA's physical education program and a number of Upper School and Middle School sports programs, including Middle School basketball programs and Middle School and Upper School volleyball programs. The Field House is also used by Germantown Academy Day Camp & Summer Programs.
- 15,000 sq. ft.
- Weight Room
- 2 Basketball Courts - 85x50'
- Batting Cage - 70x15'
- 2 Volleyball Courts - 60x30'
- 2 Tennis Courts - 78x36'
- Track (14 laps=1 mile)
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Table and Chair Seating - 1,285
- Audience Seating - 2,750
- Registration Area
The Annex is the newest indoor facility at GA, having opened in January 2017. There are two full size basketball practice courts, which are primarily used for Middle School practice and games. After a successful fundraising initiative, both courts were named for longtime basketball coaches Jim Fenerty (Fenerty Court) and Sherri Retif (Retif Court). The Annex is connected to the Field House with outside access from the Patriot Parking Lot.
- 14,000 sq. ft.
- Full floor is floating hardwood - 106x120’
- 2 basketball courts - 50x94’
- 4 practice half-courts
- 2 volleyball courts - 30x60’
- Divider curtain
- 2 scoreboards
- Restroom facilities
The Middle School Wrestling Room is located above the Dining Room kitchen. The door to the Wrestling Room is located between the Small Gym and Dining Room entrance. It is home to the Middle School Wrestling Program and is used for practice and home matches.
Middle School Wrestling Room:
- 35 x 45 feet
- One full competition mat
- Monkey bars and pull-up bars
- Elevated stands for parents and spectators during Middle School competitions
- TV for film review
The Upper School Wrestling Room is home to GA's Upper School Varsity and JV Wrestling teams. It is only used for practice purposes and is located in the basement of the Lower School. Home wrestling matches take place in the Small Gym.
Upper School Wrestling Room:
- 36 x 80 feet
- Two competition mats
- Exercise equipment: dumbbells, airdyne, spin bike, reel runner, two climbing ropes, pull-up bars, monkey bars, medicine balls, practice dummies for lifting/throwing
- Sound system
- Mounted TV for film review
- Outdoor Athletic Complex
- Alumni Lacrosse Field
- Baseball Field
- Carey Stadium
- Connor Field & Griswold Family Field
- Track & Field, Carey Stadium
- Cross Country Course
- Dovey Family Field
- Sisters' Woods (Jordan Field & Oberkircher Field)
- Softball Field
- Tennis Courts
Strategically reconfigured to maximize use of our athletic acreage, Germantown Academy's outdoor Athletic Complex provides top-quality outdoor facilities commensurate to its successful programs. The Athletic Complex features the 890-seat Carey Stadium, parking for 220, five state-of-the art artificial surface fields, six additional natural grass competition fields, a softball field, a baseball field, a cross country course, and a 12-court tennis complex.
Outdoor Athletics Complex:
- Baseball field
- Softball field
- Cement dugouts for home and visiting teams
- Full backstop with netting on top
- Baseball field has a yellow-topped outfield fence (320 to left, 300 to center, 310 to right)
- Home and visiting bullpens alongside the field and a scoreboard in right field
- 12 USTA competition tennis courts
- Tennis practice wall
- Center area for scorer’s table/check-in tent
- Five artificial surface fields lined for baseball, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer,
- 3 natural grass fields, which vary in dimension between 180x300’ and 180x360’, can be lined for lacrosse, soccer and/or football
- One field has a scoreboard with clock and scoring
- Room for spectators to bring their own chairs and sit within viewing distance alongside each field
- Parking for 200+ cars, with 450+ parking spaces within walking distance
- Handicapped accessible
- Concession stand centrally located
- Restroom facilities centrally located
Situated neatly on its own picturesque plateau in the Outdoor Athletic Complex, the relocated varsity baseball field provides the Patriots' program with a first class baseball facility. Complete with home and guest dugouts, bullpens, with the beauty of The Preserve just beyond the outfield wall, the baseball field presents itself as a featured facility and is one of the nicest fields in the Philadelphia Inter-Ac League. The park’s dimensions are 320’ down the left and right field lines, and 370’ to dead-centerfield
Carey Stadium (300 Morris Road, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, 19034) was opened in 2010 as a multi-sport facility that includes a 200 x 380’ artificial turf field, a regulation track surface with six lanes, high jump area, long jump pit and easy on-and-off sideline access. Lines are drawn on the field for football, soccer and lacrosse. The bleacher seating can accommodate 850 spectators and are handicap accessible. Carey Stadium also houses a concession stand equipped with electrical, an ice machine and a reach-in cooler; restroom facilities, as well as two team gathering rooms, private referee room and a trainer’s room equipped with sink, ice machine and treatment bed. (The team rooms are not always available; Prior approval is needed). The scoreboard in the corner of the Stadium is a multi-sport unit that displays the game clock, home and away scores, time outs left, quarter and football-related information. There is a sound system that is operated from the top of the Stadium where there is a 10-seat granite-topped work area with several electrical outlets and jacks for the microphone and music; all protected by an awning. The Stadium speakers are located on top of the scoreboard. There are several handicap parking spaces adjacent to the entrance to the Stadium in addition to more than 200 spaces spread between two parking lots for the outdoor athletics complex. More parking is available on the GA campus by crossing the Wissahickon Creek by car and returning by foot on the brick pathway. Germantown Academy has hosted many lacrosse and soccer tournaments and was the home to the first coed Inter-Academic Athletic League Track and Field Championships in 2012.
- 200 x 380’ artificial turf field
- Regulation track surface with 6 lanes, regulation size field events and easy on-and-off sideline access
- Field is lined for football, soccer and lacrosse
- Bleacher seating for 850 spectators
- Handicapped accessible
- Concession stand
- Restroom facilities
- Two team gathering rooms (prior approval required)
- Training room with sink, ice machine and treatment bed
- Electronic scoreboard with multi-sport capability
- Sound system
- 10 seat granite-topped work area with several electrical outlets and jacks for the microphone and music
- Parking for 200+ cars, with another 450+ parking spaces within walking distance
Constructed in 2016 with our Middle School student-athletes in mind, Connor Field & Griswold Field is lined for soccer, baseball, and lacrosse.
- Artificial turf field - 400x200’
- Lined for soccer - 360x180’
- Lined for two Middle School baseball fields - 60’, 75’ and 90’ base paths with 75’ basepath inlaid turf bases
- Lined for girls lacrosse - 360x180’
- Lined for boys lacrosse - 330x180’
- Four-foot fence around the full field
- Water and electricity at field site
- Restroom facilities within walking distance
- On-site parking for 50 cars plus available parking for more than 400 cars on the GA campus
Germantown Academy’s track and field facilities are all centrally located inside Carey Stadium. The track was designed so that spectators can actually watch every field event being contested. All meets use the Fully Automatic Timing (F.A.T.) System.
- Track: BSS 100 6 lane 400 meter track – installed 2011
- Field Events: 2 Long Jump & high jump pits, 2 Shot Put areas, and bi-directional Pole vault runways
- FAT System
- Track & Field Team Room
The spectator-friendly 5K course, designed in 2012, features challenging terrain as it winds its way around all of GA's athletic fields. Though it starts on the paved walkways through The Preserve, the course quickly switches to grass and eventually wooded paths as it enters into the Sisters' Woods for two hilly loops. Runners complete a final lap of the upper fields before a dramatic finish on the track inside Carey Stadium.
Sisters’ Woods is home to Germantown Academy's Varsity Field Hockey, Varsity Girls' Lacrosse, and Varsity Girls' Soccer Programs. It opened in the fall of 2010 when two new artificial turf fields were installed — Oberkircher Field and Jordan Field. The fields are identical in size at 180 x 300’ and each has their own scoreboard with clock and home and away scoring areas. There is a small spectator seating area next to Oberkircher Field (field closest to the walking path), while Jordan Field has a natural berm where spectators can view the contest from a short height above field level. The fields can be lined for lacrosse, soccer and/or field hockey. Goals for each of those sports are available as well. Portable restrooms are on-site for participant and spectator use. Access to the fields can be attained by parking in the Carey Stadium Lot and using the brick pathway to Sisters’ Woods, or by parking on the GA campus, crossing the Wissahickon Creek on foot to the brick pathway that leads to the fields. There is a donkey set up alongside Oberkircher Field where the scoring table and video setup can be placed. Germantown Academy has hosted many soccer and lacrosse tournaments for all ages on Sisters’ Woods.
- Two 180x300’ artificial turf fields - Oberkircher and Jordan Fields
- Electronic scoreboard on each field
- Scoring table with overhead view for video at Oberkircher Field
- Spectator seating next to Oberkircher Field
- Natural berm seating for specatators above Jordan Field
- Fields can be lined for lacrosse, soccer and/or field hockey, with goals available for each sport
- Portable restrooms
- Parking is available in the Carey Stadium Lot (200) or on the GA campus (450)